Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Guinness Ignores Math, Crecente Doesn't Mind!


Good to know the stiff upper lip of records and number keeping put away their calculator for the night. Luckily, I have one on hand! (Hint: It's my 2nd grade math brain!)

Let's see heeeeeere.... "On April 29, 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV generated $310 million of sales worldwide in one day, five times the revenue generated by The Dark Knight in its first 24 hours of release."

Five times you say? Hmmmm.... The average movie ticket price is $10 to $12 dollars (¥1000 to ¥1200 yen, in case you are reading, Mr. Asscraft), and the current price for a brand new video game is $60 dollars. Stay with me kiddies, here is where we have to use our left side! Who here can tell me how many times 12 goes into 60? Very GOOD, Brian. The answer is 5!

tl;dr - Customer numbers were the same, you idiot.

1 comment:

  1. I also can't stand that first sentence. Using release twice like that just drives me insane. More evidence that Kotaku may be some amazing Dadaist joke.

    ReplyDelete